What is the Cray CS Series?
Cray CS Series definition
Cray CS is a series of cluster supercomputers that feature the latest in processing, networking, and cooling technologies, are highly customizable, and are expressly designed to handle the most demanding range of science, research, simulation, analytics, and machine learning uses.
+ afficher plus
What makes the Cray CS Series different?
All CS components have been carefully selected for highest performance, optimized, and integrated to create a powerful computing environment. Flexible node configurations featuring the latest processor and interconnect technologies mean you can tailor a cluster system to your specific needs—from an all-purpose HPC cluster to an accelerated system optimized to tackle AI training and inference workloads.
Beyond technology, Cray CS cluster users benefit from the depth of Cray’s 40+ years of supercomputing experience. From design and manufacturing to site engineering, system installation, optimization, and ongoing management and support, CS series cluster supercomputers and software solutions are delivered with the same exacting standards and scalability as Cray’s legendary XC series supercomputing systems.
Cray CS Series benefits
Flexible, scalable configurations
- The latest Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors
- Accelerated computing with NVIDIA® Tesla® GPUs and Nallatech FPGAs
- Multiple interconnect options including InfiniBand™, Intel® OmniPath, and Ethernet
- High-performance parallel file systems including the Cray® ClusterStor™ scale-out Lustre® solution and third-party network-attached file systems
- Air- or liquid-cooled designs
- Industry-leading Bright Cluster Manager for HPC
- NVIDIA Data Center GPU Manager (DCGM)
- NVIDIA GPU-enabled Docker container
AI and extreme HPC readiness
- Comprehensive machine learning and deep learning software environment
- Cray Programming Environment for extreme HPC performance
What software does the Cray CS Series run?
The Cray CS Series cluster supercomputers leverage the best in open source and commercial software for a complete HPC and artificial intelligence (AI) environment. Additionally, the CS Series includes support for the legendary Cray Programming Environment (compilers, optimized debuggers, performance measurement, and analysis tools and scientific and math libraries).